Monday, April 20, 2009

A thought on suicide

On a networking site I'm on there is a thread about whether or not suicide discontinued your admittance into heaven. At one time I didn't think so. Why? Because the Bible says that God's forgiveness of sins is permanent. His love for us is unconditional. When one is born again he has accepted God's gift of Life that Jesus died to give us.

The unforgivable sin is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. The rejection of God.
Now I have a question. Isn't killing yourself throwing that Gift that you supposedly accepted back in God's face a sign of disrespect and hatred toward God? Is that not blasphemy?

I believe the real Christian cannot ever lose his admittance into heaven. He is genuine and knows that God will see him through every test and trial he goes through no matter how hard it is. I know. He's seen me through alot.

The person who commits suicide can't truely be a real genuine Christian because he has thrown God's greatest gift back in God's face thus rejecting Him.

However that's just an opinion and not necessarily fact. It is something I plan on asking God about when I get to heaven.

2 comments:

  1. Very interesting thoughts here. I feel that if you really have Christ inside your heart, He will see you through your worst depressions and worst troubles in life. Things may get bad and hard to deal with, but He is always there with us even when we're walking through the valley of the shadow of death. Killing one's self is like saying God isn't powerful, or fast, enough to help you through your problems. Which is wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed...perfectly said, Hannah..

    ReplyDelete